June 28, 2022 General Primary Election Information/Forms
The circulation of petitions does not start until JANUARY 13, 2022.
PETITION CIRCULATOR REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or will be 18 by the date of the upcoming election; and
- A citizen of the United States (can be from outside of the district, county, or state).
- A circulator may not circulate petitions for more than one political party. (10 ILCS 5/10-4
- A circulator may not circulate petitions for an independent candidate(s) in addition to candidates for a new political party. (10 ILCS 5/10-4)
- A circulator may not circulate petitions for more than one new political party. (10 ILCS 5/10-4)
- A circulator may not circulate petitions for an established party and an independent or new party candidate. (10 ILCS 5/10-4)
SIGNING A PETITION:
A signer must sign their own signature on the petition, meaning they cannot sign for someone else, such as another member of the family or another person in the household. Signers must also be registered voters in the political subdivision in which the candidate is seeking nomination or election. (10 ILCS 5/3-1.2, 7-10, 8-8,10-2,10-3,10-4)
Petition signers shall indicate on such petition their residence address (written or printed) including the street address or rural route number, as well as their city, village or town, county, and state. The state, county, city, village and town of residence may be pre-printed on the petitions form when all of the electors signing the petition form reside therein. Standard abbreviations may be used in writing the residence address. A petition signer must be a registered voter from the address shown opposite their signature on the petition. (10 ILCS 5/7-10, 8-8,10-2,10-3,10-4) NOTE: A petition signer may change party affiliation from one election to another.
- A signer may not sign petitions for a candidate of more than one political party for the same election. (10 ILCS 5/7-10)
- A signer may sign petitions of one established political party for a primary election and one new political party or independent candidate for the following General Election. (10 ILCS 5/10-3)
- A signer may sign petitions of as many candidates of the same political party as desired.*
*This differs for Nonpartisan/Independent candidates. The number of seats to be elected is the number of petitions that a voter can sign.
County Board Districts 1 & 2 County Board Districts 1 & 2
35 signatures (minimum) 29 signatures (minimum)
County Offices County Offices
71 signatures (minimum) 57 signatures (minimum)
CANDIDATE FILING PERIODS:
Established Political Parties - MARCH 7 - MARCH 14, 2022
Filing Petition Hours: March 7, 2022 - March 11, 2022 8:00a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
March 14, 2022 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
New Political Parties and Independents - JULY 5 - JULY 11, 2022
Last day to file objections: March 21, 2022
Click here for County Offices
Click here for County Board
Click here for Precinct Committeemen
Click here for Candidates Guide
Click here for Certification of Deletions (striking of names from petitions)
Click here for Withdrawl of Candidacy
Click here for Declaration to be a Write-In Candidate