County Clerk/Recorder’s Office
A Message From Your County Clerk/Recorder
As your County Clerk/Recorder for Henry County, I am honored to provide valuable services to the citizens of Henry County. It is a privilege to serve as your County Clerk/Recorder. Our services vary from maintaining records of the County's vital statistics and records including birth, death and marriage certificates and reporting those to the State, as required by law. Duties also include the processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable. I am the County Recorder for all land records in the county, and also the Election Authority administering the electoral process including voter registrations. My office also administers services to the general public such as commissioning notary publics, receiving delinquent taxes and annually publishing a County Directory of the Elected Officials of the County and municipal office holders. Along with many other services we also handle tax services such as annually calculating the rates for the Henry County taxing districts which includes working with the Supervisor of Assessments and the Henry County Treasurer to issue property tax bills. I hope you take advantage of the many services we offer, as it is our goal to extend these services to the public in a timely and efficient manner.
Thank you for visiting our website, we look forward to serving you!
If you have any questions regarding any of the following information, please feel free to contact me at (309) 937-3480.
Barbara M. Link
Henry County Clerk/Recorder
******Apply for Vital Records Online******
Click here to order certified birth, death, or marriage certificates online.
The County Clerk/Recorder follows the guidelines and laws associated with all aspects of the office and statutes of the State of Illinois.
- Administering Elections in Henry County
- Attend and Assist Annual Tax Sale
- Calculating Tax Extensions
- Collecting Delinquent Taxes
- Compile and Maintain County Handbook
- Filing of Annual Financial Reports
- Filing of All Henry County Taxing Districts Budgets & Levies
- Issuing and maintaining Marriage Licenses and Civil Unions
- Issuing Notary Public Commissions
- Maintaining County Board Minutes
- Maintaining Assumed Names of Businesses
- Maintaining Birth Records
- Maintaining Death Records
- Maintaining Permanent Voter Registrations for Henry County
- Maintaining Statement of Economic Interest Filings
- Processing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Processing County Payroll
- Recording and Maintaining all Land Records, Liens, Plats, & UCC’s
- Recording and Maintaining Military Discharges