Animal Adoption Procedure
- Anyone interested in adopting an animal must fill out an adoption application.
- The animal must be vet checked, inoculated, and spayed/neutered within 14 days of adoption. (If this is not done the Henry County Animal Control has the right to relinquish the adopted animal with no refund of the adoption fee.)
- The Henry County Animal Control may refund adoption fee, or exchange a sick or healthy animal for another animal within 14 days of adoption.
- The Henry County Animal Control cannot be responsible for an expense incurred by an owner of an animal once it has left the Animal Control Facility.
- Henry County Animal Control posts animals available for adoption with the Henry County Humane Society-Geneseo. Please visit their website at http://www.geneseoanimalshelter.com/