Election Dates 2023
Consolidated Election Dates for April 4, 2023
- January 4, 2023 - First day for any registered voter presently within the confines of the United States, to make application by mail, electronically or in person to the election authority for an official vote by mail ballot. Note: The mailing and delivery of ballots does not begin until Thursday, February 23, 2023.
- January 10, 2023 - Last day to file objections to petitions for the submission of questions of public policy.
- January 17, 2023 - Last day for local governing boards to adopt a resolution or ordinance to allow a binding public question to appear on the ballot.
- February 2, 2023 - Last day a person may file a notarized Declaration of Intent to be a write-in candidate with the proper election authority.
- February 23, 2023 - First day for election authority to mail an official ballot to voters upon request.
- February 23, 2023 - First day for early voting in the Henry County Clerk's Office
- March 7, 2023 - Last day to register to vote or change address at the election authority's office
- March 8, 2023 - First day for grace period voting in the County Clerk's Office
- During this period an unregistered qualified elector may register to vote as long as they have lived in the precinct for 30 days.
- A registered voter may submit a change of address during this period also.
- In both of these cases each shall be done in the Henry County Clerk's Office and in both cases each must vote in the Henry County Clerk's Office at this time.
- March 19, 2023 - Last day to register to vote online with the State Board of Elections
- March 30, 2023 - Last day for the County Clerk's Office to receive an application to vote by mail and also to mail a ballot
- April 1, 2023 - County Clerk's Office open for early voting between 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- April 3, 2023- Last day for early voting at the Henry County Clerk's Office
- April 4, 2023 - Last day for grace period voting 6 am to 7 pm at the Henry County Courthouse