Clerk of the Circuit Court
It is the mission of the Circuit Clerk’s Office to serve the citizens of Henry County and the participants of the judiciary system in a timely manner with courtesy, efficiency and impartiality.
The Clerk of the Circuit Court of Henry County:
- Is a state constitutional officer elected by the citizens of Henry County for a four-year term.
- Is a non-judicial office of the Judicial Branch of the Illinois State government.
The Office of the Circuit Clerk:
- Is responsible for filing all cases and maintaining the official record of all matters that come before the Henry County court system.
- The Circuit Clerk is to attend all sessions of Court and is the keeper of the Seal of Court.
- Interacts with the public and attorneys performing several functions including the collection and disbursement of traffic and criminal fines, fees, costs, assessments, penalties, and civil filing fees.
- Is responsible for the long-term recording of child support payments collected and disbursed through the State Disbursement Unit.
- It is also the duty of the office to summon prospective jurors for petit jury, grand jury and coroner jury duty.
The Office of the Circuit Clerk cannot give legal advice.