Henry County Court Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the provisions of 730 ILCS 110/15, all applicants must be certified by the Administrative Office of the Illinois Courts (AOIC), Probation Division as meeting the minimum qualifications for probation/court services personnel in order to be eligible for employment or promotion by probation/court services departments in Illinois. Upon their eligibility being certified, applicants will be notified in writing by the AOIC that they are eligible for employment or promotion, subject to circuit court and/or departmental application requirements and selection criteria, which may exceed minimum state qualification requirements.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
· A citizen of the United States.
· A resident of the State of Illinois within 90 days of employment (The Fourteenth Judicial Circuit has a residency requirement that employees reside within 45 miles of the County Seat).
· A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably with major course work in criminal justice, psychology, sociology, social work, or related social science.
· Otherwise generally qualified as provided by law or rule of the Court. Circuit Court policy may establish more restrictive employment requirements.
· Valid Illinois Driver’s License
· Liability vehicle insurance coverage as mandated by Illinois law
· Pass a criminal background check
How to Apply
Contact the Administrative Office of the Illinois Courts, Probation Division, 3101 Old Jacksonville Road, Springfield, Illinois 62704, (217) 785-0413, to request a Probation/Court Services Employment Application.