Henry County Assessment Office
Lindi M. Kernan
Chief County Assessment Officer
At the Henry County Assessment Office, with integrity and the heart of a servant, we maintain the property records of all parcels and strive to equitably assess each at the level prescribed by law.
The Assessment Office plays an important role in your local government. The office is responsible for just over 30,000 parcels with a total assessed value of $1,029,584,698.
The office keeps and maintains a large amount of information to assist in the assessment process such as:
- Physical Characteristics and general information on all buildings—square footage, age, condition, number of plumbing fixtures, photos and sketches
In the News.......
- Governor Rauner signs bill which expands the Standard Homestead Exemption for Veterans with Disabilities. Click here to view Press release dated September 9, 2015
- 2014 Assessment Changes Published November 7, 2014.
- Appeal deadline - December 8, 2014. All appeals must be postmarked by that date.
- Visit the new Online Mapping and Property Inquiry